The Health Center will have a registered nurse on campus 24 hours a day during the school week and on call for stay weekends. The Health Center cares for sick students for a short time. For the safety of your child, and at the discretion of the Registered Nurse on duty, you may be required to take your child home.
It is necessary for all students at WSD to have their own family doctor as the Health Center Nurses are not a substitute for this care.
The Health Center is located at Emergency Door #3 in the circle drive between the administration building and the high school.
VP: 262-394-1217 | Phone: 262-728-7144 | Fax: 262-728-7168 | Text: 262-749-6733 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When to stay home from school
Health Center Services
- Provide nursing care as defined by the Wisconsin Nurse Practice Act
- Promote Student Health & Wellness
- Assess illness and/or injuries
- Administer medications as scheduled, and/or as needed
- Perform screenings for vision and scoliosis
- Promote immunization compliance
- Provide staff training and support for medical emergencies & delegation procedures
- Facilitate Bridging Brighter Smiles
Hospitals Near WSD
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center, W3985 County Road NN, Elkhorn, WI 53121, 262-741-2000
- Mercy Medical Center N2950 WI-67, Lake Geneva WI 53147, 262-245-0535
Health Center Staff
Leah Haag, RN
Nurse Supervisor (primary contact)
Michele Burno, RN
Martha Erickson, RN
Jessica Lalor-Slama, RN
Amy Mason, RN