Discover Your Future Camp
June 23, 2019 – June 30, 2019
Designed for students who want to learn more about themselves, their skills, and potential careers.
Here’s what you’ll do!
- Self discovery and outdoor activities to help you develop leadership, teamwork, and self-confidence.
- Outdoor activities to help you develop leadership, teamwork, and self-confidence.
- Take assessments designed to help you, your parents, and your Vocational Rehabilitation/Department of Rehabilitation (VR/DOR) counselors learn more about your strengths, areas of improvement, values, interests, and potential careers.
- Develop a transition portfolio with our support for you to bring home to your families, schools, and VR/DOR counselors.
- Choose an area of focus from three possible tracks for afternoon sessions: DeafBiz, Blackbox Theatre, or ACT Prep.
Program fee: $750 (limited scholarships available)
Who can attend? Deaf and hard of hearing students who will be in the 10th–12th grades in the fall of 2019.
How to qualify?
- Must be enrolled in standard or general high school diploma track program.
- Carry a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Recommendation letter from teacher or career counselor.
- Six Flags
- Washington, D.C.