Senior Athlete Spotlight: Madison Bongard
1.How long have you played sports? Since I was about six years old, but since 4th grade at WSD.
2. What other clubs, sports, or activities have you been a part of at WSD? Volleyball, basketball, track & field (2 years), Academic Bowl, National Honor Society, Sign Song Dancers, Student Body Government, Jr. NAD, Junior Class/Prom Committee, and Senior Class.
3. What is your favorite sports memory? There are way too many memories to list! But, personally I would have to say the moment I broke the school record for serves (maybe more than 1?) during GPSD Volleyball 2019 while playing against Missouri School for the Deaf. It had been something I’ve wanted to do since freshman year and I finally accomplished it at my last GPSD during my senior year.
4. What is your advice to younger athletes? The season(s) will be a roller coaster of emotions, but in the end, you’ll wish you could experience it all over again. Don’t take anything for granted, cherish every moment, and believe in yourself and your teammates. Winning is great, but there will be losses and that’s okay as long as you know you gave it your all and you had fun doing it.
5. What do you miss most about WSD now that you are attending virtual school? Being able to socialize with my friends every day.
6. What are your future plans after WSD? I will be attending the University of Wisconsin-Madison to become an Audiologist.
Food: Spätzle (German noodles)
Movie: I can’t pick one, but one of my favorites is “After”
Pro Athlete: Steph Curry, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Jonathan Taylor (I can’t choose one)