Deaf and Hard of Hearing Outreach offers a free-of-charge Transition Consultation, which is available to any Wisconsin student with a documented hearing loss. This consultation includes an on-site visit to the student’s school district from the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Outreach Transition Coordinator.
The Transition Coordinator will assess the student’s transition-related needs through:
- Interviews with the student, family and educational staff
- Informal evaluation of readiness skills
- Interest inventories (preferences, experiences, goals)
Following the consultation, a written summary will be provided. The summary will include:
- Recommendations for effective transition planning
- Suggested goals, activities and strategies
- Specific transition resources that match the student’s needs
Complete the Request for Services form, specify Consultation Services for “What program or service is this request for?” on the form, and provide as much information as possible about this request.
For more information, please contact:
Maryann Barnett, WESP-DHH Outreach Transition Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 262-728-7194