July 30, 2018 –
This workshop will:
- include information about the procession,
- inform you of the RID Code of Professional Conduct,
- advance your interpreting skills,
- provide hands-on activities to build your DeafBlind Pro-tactile interpreting skills,
- teach translation skills from English to ASL and,
- reformulation and platform interpreting skills.
This training will satisfy RID's requirement of 40 hours of Certified Deaf Interpreter (CDI) training, and prepare you for the CDI exam. You must attend all class sessions.
Workshop fee: $300
Housing and meal plans are available to participants. Note: If you want to stay on campus, you are required to purchase Dining Dollars (at least $50). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or for special accommodations.